Just as predicted by my recent post on "Why Creating A New Habit Is So Hard", I haven’t quite been entirely able to lay off of the "Quick Hits" posts to Posterous. Still working on modifying that habit to posting here instead… :)
Since we wouldn’t want you to miss anything important, these were the most recent offerings:
- Twitter Lists as a new form of linking – this could be huge Despite some flaws, the new feature is a potential game changer. Note: I am working on a longer, comprehensive post on the new Twitter Lists as well, stay tuned.
- Key excerpts from: "Behind Closed Doors: What’s On the Mind Of Chief Marketing Officers – Jeremiah Owyang" + my footnote The times they are a-changing when it comes to the relevance of social media for business, only Old Media remains defiant/in denial.
- Key excerpt from: "What Startups Are Really Like" – this applies to ANY business Guard yourself against pointless competitive/scarcity mentality thinking.
- Key excerpt from Robert Scoble’s Posterous about impacts of the new Twitter Lists + my footnote First impressions, and some glaring feature omissions are already apparent.
- Key excerpt from reader comment on: "Jason Pontin: How to Save Media" + my footnote A sharply worded reader comment sums up Old Media’s crisis in a great analogy.
Read and profit. Feel free to share.